THE BOX IS EMPTY’S TOP PICKS:
Kate Maroney – Music of Lisa Bielawa. The Stone, New York, NY. May 24, 2012, 8:00.
Composer Vocalist Lisa Bielawa presents a concert with friends from the chorus of Einstein on the Beach. Lisa Bielawa is the choirmaster of Philip Glass and Robert Wilson’s opera, currently touring worldwide.
Vespertine Opera – La voix humaine. Stone Soup Theater, Seattle, WA. May 25, 2012, 8:00 p.m. and May 27,2012, 4:00 p.m..
Join Vespertine Opera Theater in its daring and intimate production of Francis Poulenc’s gripping psychodrama, La Voix Humaine, performed in English. In this one-act, one-woman show, a young lady has a telephone conversation with her ex-lover, over the course of which she becomes increasingly destitute, spiraling eventually into a deep psychosis. Accompanied by Francis Poulenc’s at once lavish and brutal music, famed poet, filmmaker, and artist Jean Cocteau’s story comes to vivid life. Experience this rarely performed opera in a fiercely intimate and personal setting, with only two performances!
HAPPENING THIS WEEK – 5/21/12-5/27/12 – Seattle
- Seattle Metropolitan Chamber Orchestra – Music of Mozart, Haydn, Bach, and Mahler. Nordstrom Recital Hall, Seattle, WA. May 25, 2012, 8:00.
- Parnassus Project – Music at The Pink Door. The Pink Door, Seattle, WA. May 25, 2012, 9:00 p.m.
- Vespertine Opera – La voix humaine. Stone Soup Theater, Seattle, WA. May 25, 2012, 8:00 p.m. and May 27,2012, 4:00 p.m..
HAPPENING THIS WEEK – 5/21/12-5/27/12 – Elsewhere
- Kate Maroney – Music of Lisa Bielawa. The Stone, New York, NY. May 24, 2012, 8:00.
- Nat Evans – Cutting Word (World Premier). Seattle Pacific University, Seattle, WA. May 29, 2012.
- Maria Mannisto/Jeremiah Cawley – UW Chamber Singers. Meany Hall, Seattle, WA. May 29, 2012, 7:30 p.m..
- Lindsay Kesselman – Premiers by Nathaniel Eschler and Steve Roens. Congregational Church of Weston, Weston, MA. May 30, 2012.
- The Fisher Ensemble – Magda G Script Reading. The Project Room, Seattle, WA. June 3, 2012, 2:00 p.m..
- Lauren Husting – KnoX Brass WorX. International Women’s Brass Conference, Kalamazoo, MI. June 10, 2012.
- Tom Peyton/Make Music New York – Gradient vs. Drone by Eric Frederic. All over NYC. June 21, 2012, all day.
- Parnassus Project – Music at Tully’s Flagship. Tully’s Flagship Store, Seattle, WA. June 23, 2012.
- The Box Is Empty – Music by Van Der Aa, Gordon, Gendel, Evans, and Kirsten. Century Ballroom, Seattle, WA. June 29, 2012, 8:00 p.m.
- Amy Beth Kirsten – L’ange Pâle with the Pittsburgh New Music Ensemble. City Theater, Pittsburgh, PA. July 13-14, 8:00 p.m.