THE BOX IS EMPTY’S TOP PICKS:
Lindsay Kesselman performs Amy Kirsten’s Worlds Under Glass for soprano, strings, flute, piano, and percussion at Roosevelt University, Chicago, IL. April 6, 2012 8:00 p.m.
HAPPENING THIS WEEK – 4/2/12-4/8/12 – Seattle
- It’s a slow week in Seattle…
- Congratulations to Seattle Metropolitan Chamber Orchestra and soprano Maria Mannisto on the show this weekend, and to the Fisher Ensemble for unveiling the Klavihorn!
HAPPENING THIS WEEK – 3/30/12-4/6/12 – Elsewhere
- Lindsay Kesselman – Worlds Under Glass by Amy Kirsten. Roosevelt University – Ganz Hall, Chicago, IL. April 6, 2012 8:00 p.m.
- Scott Gendel – Untitled Aria from the work in progress Unearthed. Opera on the James – Randolph College Maier Museum of Art. April 6, 2012.
- Lauren Husting – Jacob Tews Doctoral Recital. University Lutheran Church of Hope, Minneapolis, MN. April 14, 2012 3:30 p.m.
- Solaris Vocal Ensemble – Works by Monk, Marshal, Le Baron, and White. Bastyr University Chapel, Kenmore, WA. April 14, 2012 7:30 p.m.
- Kate Maroney – recital of Eric Lemmon’s “Love Songs,” along with songs of Gabriel Faure, Barbara, Monk, Feldman, and David Lang. Vaudeville Park, Brooklyn, NY. April 15, 2012 8:00 p.m.
- Table and Chairs – King Tears Bat Trip. Conor Bryne Pub, Seattle, WA. April 18, 2012 8:00 p.m.
- Maria Mannisto – Carmina Burana. Pacific Northwest Ballet, Seattle, WA. April 19, 2012 7:30 p.m. and April 21, 2012 2:00 p.m.
- Jeremiah Cawley – Stuck Elevator by Byron Au Yong. Wing Luke Museum, Seattle, WA. April 20, 2012 4:00-5:00 p.m.
- Parnassus Project – Café Music. Green Bean Coffe House, Seattle, WA. April 20, 2012 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- Scott Gendel – Metamorphosis. The Tank Space for Performing and Visual Arts, New York, NY. April 27 and 29, 2012 9:30 p.m.
- Seattle Modern Orchestra – Music On Paintings. The Chapel at the Good Shepherd Center, Seattle, WA. May 19, 8:00 p.m.