THE BOX IS EMPTY’S TOP PICK:
Nat Evans – Blue Hour. Greenlake, Seattle, WA.. July 28, 2012.
Seattle composer Nat Evans will be presenting an original, site and time-specific music event that fuses nature, music, community, and subjectivity of experience, which will take place at sunset on July 28th at Green Lake. Participants will download the music onto their iPods or other portable listening device ahead of time and arrive at the basketball courts on the east side of the lake by 8:40pm. Participants will then walk to the viewing locale, and at sunset the cue will be given to press play and participants will sit back and observe while listening.
The music for Blue Hour is a mix of new and pre-existing compositions that have been arranged to best compliment the changing of light during the hour after sunset, and is available to download from the composer’s website (natevansmusic.com). This is the third in a series of time-specific pieces Evans has written – his Sunset + Music event was presented across the country in 2011, as well as at a number of festivals.
* * *
HAPPENING THIS WEEK – 7/23/12-7/29/12 Seattle:
- Nat Evans – Blue Hour. Greenlake, Seattle, WA.. July 28, 2012.
- John Teske – Forest show, Seattle, WA. July 28, 2012. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for directions and details
- Parnassus Project - Music at The Woods – Flatiron. Bellingham, WA. August 3, 2012, 7:30-9:30 p.m..
- Nat Evans – Blue Hour. Mt. Tabor Park, Portland, OR. August 4, 2012.
- Color Field Ensemble – Amanda DeBoer Bartlet/Nat Evans/The Concert Black/Quince Contemporary Vocal Ensemble - The 3rd Annual Color Field Festival for Contemporary Music. The Bartell Theater and other locations, Madison, WI. August 10-11, 2012.
- Table and Chairs – Operation ID. On tour in Oregon and Washington. August 10-15, 2012.
- Parnassus Project - Music at Kirkland Summerfest. Downtown Kirkland, WA. August 10, 2012, 6:00-7:00 p.m..
- John Teske - House show, Seattle, WA. August 11, 2012. Email email@example.com for directions and details
- The Concert Black – The Berkshire Fringe Festival. Bard College, Great Barrington, MA. August 13, 2012, 7:00 p.m..
- Ryan Keebaugh – Premiere of Suffering Servant. Bridgewater College Alumni Choir, Bridgewater Church of the Brethren, Bridgewater, VA. August 19, 2012, 3:00 p.m..
- The Concert Black - Spectrum, New York, NY. August 31, 2012, 8:00 p.m..
- Table and Chairs – Operation ID. Seattle Center, Seattle, WA. September 8, 2012, 12:00 p.m..
- Nat Evans – Blue Hour. Big Car, Indianapolis, IN. September 15, 2012.
- Lindsay Kesselman/Kate Moroney - Einstein on the Beach. Opera House, Brooklyn, NY. September 10-24, 2012.
- John Teske - Broken Bow Ensemble performs new works for chamber orchestra. The Chapel Performance Space, Seattle, WA. September 29, 2012. 8:00 p.m..
- Quince Contemporary Vocal Ensemble - Bowling Green New Music Festival. Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, OH. October 17-20, 2012.
- Lindsay Kesselman – Premiere of a new works by Sarah Gibson and Amy Beth Kirsten. USC, Los Angeles, CA. November 16-18, 2012.
- Ryan Keebaugh – Frequency: New Music in the Valley. Shenandoah Valley, VA. Summer 2013.